Dear ELE Families,
I hope that you found time to relax and recharge during spring break! We have an incredibly busy school calendar for the remaining weeks of our school year. There will be many opportunities for parents to volunteer and/or visit for special occasions during the school day. It is imperative that you register as a CMS volunteer, ensure that Elizabeth Lane is listed as one of your selected schools, and bring your driver’s license or approved photo identification when visiting during the school day. We want to make sure that your time visiting for special events or volunteering is spent doing just that, but we cannot make exceptions to our safety procedures.
A few reminders to help prevent frustration:
- Park only in marked spaces in the main parking lot.
- Parking is not allowed in the fire lane at any time.
- The bus lot is only open for parking during special events. A sign is posted when the bus lot is open for events.
- Bring your driver’s license or approved ID – every time.
- Verify that you are a registered CMS volunteer and ELE is selected as one of your schools.
- Use the EXACT name that appears on your ID when you register as a volunteer.
- Wear your printed ID badge the entire time you are on campus.
- Plan time to come to ELE to sign in and have ID badge printed before chaperoning a field trip or attending an off-campus event during the school day.
- No School (Teacher Workday): May 1
- Incoming Kindergarten Beginner’s Night: May 9 (Please encourage your neighbors to register now!)
- End of Grade Assessments (grades 3-5): May 23, 28, 29, 30
- No School: May 27
We look forward to seeing you at Hawkfest on May 3rd!
Thank you for all that you do to support the ELE Family. Have a wonderful weekend!