Did you know:
…that 99% of the kids at Thomasboro receive free or reduced lunch?
…that more than 100 students at Thomasboro are currently homeless?
As we prepare to give thanks for our blessings later this month, let’s do what we can to help our friends at Thomasboro! From Monday, November 11 – Friday, November 22, there will be collection boxes in the front hall for nonperishable food items our friends can take home over Thanksgiving break. Please send in whatever you can – every item helps!
Please understand that children will most likely be preparing the food so single-serving, easy-to-open packages are strongly encouraged. The following list is a suggestion of what to donate.
- Kindergarten: Easy Mac
- 1st Grade: granola or cereal bars
- 2nd Grade: peanut butter or soup (pop-open cans are best)
- 3rd Grade: fruit cups or nonperishable pudding cups
- 4th Grade: canned meat, such as tuna
- 5th Grade: canned pasta such as ravioli, beefaroni or canned vegetables
Your support for Thomasboro Academy is greatly appreciated by all the staff and the students. If you have any questions, please contact Heather Herring or Erin Malone.